This two-day workshop will teach you proven techniques for communicating the need for continuous improvement and selling your continuous improvement agenda to your organization. You'll have the opportunity to improve your problem-solving skills through role-playing around a series of case studies.
Key benefits you'll realize include . . .
- Understanding how to build support within your organization
- Establishing a sense of urgency and communicating a “burning platform” to accelerate continuous improvement efforts
- Learning sustainability strategies
- Learning how to translate and cascade upper-level goals for continuous improvement
- Empowering others to implement continuous improvement activities
- Learning “quick win” strategies to gain support
—director of the Center for Executive Education's Aerospace & Defense Executive Programs. James has worked in strategic planning across “total force” needs of the U.S. Department of Defense and has significant experience working with the aerospace and defense industry.
Chuck Parke, MBA
—executive director of the Center for Executive Education's Executive Programs as well as the lead faculty member for the Executive Leadership course offered by CEE for the U.S. Air Force.
Cost of the program includes . . .
- Most meals
- Single-room hotel lodging
- On-campus transportation
- Professional education credits, where applicable
Preferred pricing is available for multiple attendees from the same organization, current students and alumni of the Executive-Level MBA programs, and individuals who qualify for our General Services Agency (GSA) tuition rates. Note: if you qualify for GSA tuition rates, meals and lodging will be billed separately.
Visit our preferred pricing page
or call +1 (865) 974-5001 for more information.